Monday, November 18, 2013

Beast feast 2013

So I had this brain child idea of hosting a dinner gathering comprised of hunters, their spouse, and the game they have taken.  I'm calling it a "beast feast". I invited all the hunters I could think of in our neighborhood and the next closest neighborhood. Not knowing how things would play out I figured whatever happens, happens and I was going to make it a good time.

I received excellent feedback so my hopes were high with this festivity. Actual attendance turned out a fair bit lower, but it was still an excellent time. We had three families attend, so this was a small gathering.
Hunting stories were fun, listening to the women's side of the story was quite entertaining as well. The womens version isn't heard as often as the guys.

In this feast we had an excellent moose roast, marinated deer steaks, marinated dove breasts, elk stew, a smoked antelope roast, as well as some sides. All the food was top notch and very tasty. In the picture below you'll notice the only food that wasn't touched was the vegetables. Apparently when you are having a beast feast it isn't a good thing to have veggies. Lol. The below picture is after we had eaten. 


Unfortunately the doves and antelope didn't make it into the picture, as they were consumed. 

A good time was had by all, and we're all ready looking forward to the next beast feast. 

No comments: